Friday, November 21, 2008

New backwards quilt

Sometimes when you see a piece of fabric, you just
know, without a shadow of doubt, that it is yours. That's
the way when I saw this.
I have been collecting blues and whites for a few years
now and planned on someday making a beautiful blue
and white quilt. Something classy and clean and crisp.
The pile of blues ranged from dark indigo to bright royal --
the same ones that sat near my window and
some of them faded. So I am using the dark indigo
ones for a triple nine patch along with apple green
(I know sounds weird, but it caught my eye--more
on that one later) The royals will be used for the front
of this quilt. Here are the fabrics.
And this is the pattern I am using. It is from the book
Quilt Along with Emilie Richards Sister's Choice.

This quilt is meant to be. I even know I am going to
quilt it from the back following the print in the fabric.
I just love it when the stars align and all the pieces
fall into place. Now all I have to do is make it!!! Sadly I
don't think it will be until after the holidays.

Until next time...
Susie

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Its going to be a very striking quilt. That backing is just wonderful.

Karen said...

I like your fabrics. That will be a great quilt.

julieQ said...

What a pretty quilt this will be! My son's quilt for college is so faded from being in the sun, so I know what you mean about the fading...sigh...